Global Rugged Electronics Market
The global rugged electronics market was valued at USD 14.9 billion 2017 and is expected to reach USD 26.4 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 8.4%. The growth in the market is primarily attributed to the growing applications of rugged cameras and drones in military and defense. Additionally, growing applications of stretchable electronics in healthcare sector and increasing deployment of grade and blower fans in automotive industry are further propelling the market growth. Moreover, implementation of robots in various end–user industries is also boosting the growth of the global rugged electronics market.
Rugged electronics are the electronic components, portable devices, wearable devices, hardware and other electronic devices that are designed to work in harsh/ challenging environment without affecting the performance. These devices can withstand dust, vibration, extreme temperature, liquid damage among others. Rugged electronics have a wide range of applications in mobile missions, display devices, flexible and stretchable products, health-monitoring wearables, and handheld devices. They require very less maintenance due to lower failure rate, therefore making them more reliable.
Robust Growth of Rugged Electronics in Defense and Healthcare sector
Defense sector is majorly driving the rugged electronics market owing to the increasing demand for portable computing devices, ground vehicles, and unmanned vehicles. As there is a large amount of data being used for the exchange of information, rugged electronics and portable computing devices are becoming essential. Moreover, rugged portable computing devices are secure and suitable for its operation in wide coverage area, thus creating a huge demand in defense applications. Furthermore, emerging rugged e-skin in healthcare is also fueling the market growth. This technology is capable to maintain both pressure and temperature for self-healing, and can be reused without damaging the tissues. The usage of polymer “polyimine” laced with silver nano particles in e-skins, enables them to withstand stress and makes them recyclable at the room temperature.
Global Rugged Electronics Market – Regional Insight
North America dominated the global rugged electronics market in 2017, and expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period. The market growth in North America is attributed to the growing demand for rugged electronics in power industries. Moreover, Europe held the second position in terms of revenue owing to the increasing adoption of modern technologies in various end-user industries. Asia-Pacific (APAC) region is expected to register the highest growth rate during 2018-2024. The growth in APAC is mainly driven by growing demand for smart phones and tablets, handheld devices, and rapid development of industrial infrastructure.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Global Rugged Electronics Market Outlook, Trend and Opportunity Analysis, Competitive Insights, Actionable Segmentation & Forecast 2024” at: https://www.energiasmarketresearch.com/global-rugged-electronics-market-report/
To purchase report: email@example.com
Key findings from the report:
- Based on the product type, rugged hand held devices segment is expected to dominate the rugged electronics market in 2017, and is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period
- On the basis of end-use, defense segment held the major market share in terms of revenue in 2017. The growth in this segment is attributed to the increasing adoption of power efficient, long span and thermally stable computer systems.
- Geographically, North America dominated the global rugged electronics market in 2017, and is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period
- Key players in the global rugged electronics market includes Panasonic Corporation; DRS Technologies, Inc.; Xplore Technologies Corp.; Mountain Secure Systems; DT Research Inc.; Crystal Group Inc.; MobileDemand, L.C.; Siemens AG; Schneider Electric among others.
The report segments the global rugged electronics market on the basis of product type, end-use, and region.
By Product Type
- Industrial Devices
- Handheld Devices
- Rugged Hardware Devices
- Tracking Devices
- Adventure Sports
- Metal and Mining
- Power Industry
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia-Pacific (APAC)
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Central and South America
- Rest of Central and South America
Global Rugged Electronics Market to Witness a CAGR of 8.4% during 2018-2024